Wednesday 12 December 2012

On the joys of cooking

Ah. Vacations. Sweet, beautiful, vacations. 
I've slept what I did not manage to sleep in the semester. I no longer have bags under my eyes nor look as a zombie :D And now that sleeping is no longer a priority I can feel that little voice in my head that asks me to go to the kitchen. 
And cook something nice, just for the hell of it. 


It's not the best picture. I know but I can't find my camara and I was really hungry so I took it with my mobile. Which has a much better camara than the one I had before... 
Anyway,
I made girly-like enchiladas. 
A recipe inspired by The Pioneer Woman. 



While i was cooking I got this insane craving for a beer. But astonishingly enough there wasn't any at my place. However, there was wine in the cellar, so I poured myself a glass of wine. Like a lady. 


That's my meal as it came out of the oven. 
;) 


Since I hadn't cooked for a while and was feeling a little Martha Stewart-ish I decided to make my enchilada sauce from scratch. 
I used Campari Tomatoes, about 4 and 1/4 of an onion and 2 cloves of garlic. I waited for my skillet to be hot before I poured a little bit of olive oil and added the garlic and the onion. I waited for the onion to be transparent before adding the tomatoes. I waited a couple a minutes before adding these ingredients to the blender with 1/2 a cup of chicken stock. I blended the crap out of the ingredients and poured the mixture back into the skillet I had already used. 
I season and let it simmer before setting aside. 

The delicious filling for the enchiladas was a mixture of 1/2 a cup of double cream cheese, 2 cups of sour cream, green onions and ground cumin

You fry the tortillas about 10 seconds on each side. Don't let them get too cripsy. Otherwise they will be too hard to fold. At the same time don't let them be too soft because they will break. 
You fry those bastards and then you dip them in the red sauce and place the filling and fold them. 
Grate some manchego cheese on top and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes at 350F. 
In the meantime you can do the dishes ;) 
or drink more wine... 






No comments:

Post a Comment