Saturday 18 August 2012

On comforting me



Today's a beautiful cloudy Saturday evening and I find myself alone at my place. 
When I finally managed to emerge from my well deserved slumber I found an empty house both parents and sister gone. And being as hungry as I was and really in the mood for a proper meal... 
I cooked :)

Center Steak with Pasilla Sauce and Rajas Verdes
in plain old english; heaven in a plate.  

The best part of this recipe is that it's so good and easy that it's almost comfort food. I mean, it comforted the crap out of me. But I was in need of a nice meal like this one. Anyway...

I started out prepping the steaks. Lil bit of olive oil, lil bit of salt and pepper and letting it rest while I made everything else.
Next was the Pasilla sauce. You throw them dry pasilla chilies in hot boiling water, mean while roast a couple half an onion, tomatillos and a tomato with garlic. I used butter because it just makes everything so much better. 
Then when you chilies are soft use a food mixer to pure them and turned them into a kind of chillie water. Then add the rest of the ingredients and pure them. Return to fire and bring to a boil. 
While you do all of this, place a Poblano chilie on one of your cookers and burn the skin. When it's all black all around  wrap it in a plastic bag with a pinch of salt and let it rest a bit. Take out, remove the burnt skin and seeds and proceed to make the easiest Rajas ever made. 
You cut your poblano chilie and some onion and sautee them. Once your onion is translucent add cream cheese, milk or water. And when the deliciousness that is cream cheese is all over the onion and chilie season it. And there you go, easier than pie.  
Next! Cook your steak according to you preferences. 
Pour the sauce over the meat. And well... eat it. 

A proper meal in what? Three steps? Awesome and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment