Wednesday 18 July 2012

New Blog :)

Welcome to my new blog :) I am so excited about starting The Kitchen Series II . Diaries of me. And even more excited that you are currently reading this, you beloved reader, you ;) 

Like I've said in The Last Entry post of the previous blog. This is a new beginning kind of deal. 


And to start off, I would like to share some really exciting news. I will be starting university next August 9 :) yay! a bachelors degree in Modern Languages and Cultural Management (Fancy, huh?) I am excited beyond words about this. This is a whole new chapter in my life and I can't wait to get it started. 


So, to start off I would like to show you this really delicious pasta I made a few nights ago after realizing my little sister had eaten my leftover meatballs I was planning to please myself with. Since I wasn't feeling in a real mood to cook I opened up a can of tuna and was about to make something really simple and sort of sad when I realized we had mushrooms in the fridge. So, one thing led to another and I ended up making a sort of Pasta with mushroom sauce and lime tuna.

Ingredients

Pasta (I suppose whichever you have in your pantry will do) 
2 mushrooms thinly sliced 
2 cloves of garlic chopped to tiny pieces 
1/2 of an onion chopped
2 tomatoes chopped 
A can of tuna 
1 lime
1 chilli 
Dried Oregano 
Chicken stock 
Butter
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper

How you do it

In a hot saucepan add the butter and a drizzle of olive oil half of the garlic, onion and the mushrooms. Stir often. When onion is cooked through (an looks transparent) add one tomato and the chilli. Give it a stir. Wait a couple of minutes and add water and the chicken stock. Let it reduce in low heat. 

Take your tuna out of the can. Drizzle some olive oil on it, add the lime, salt and pepper and dried oregano. Let it sit for a bit.  

While that's happening, cook your pasta according to the package instructions. 

In a heated skillet pour some olive oil add what's left of the garlic and onion. Once the garlic begins to look golden add the tomato and the tuna. Stir it around and after a couple of minutes take it out of the skillet and let it sit for a while. 

Check your mushroom sauce. You should have a really small amount of water left in the saucepan. Taste it, season it. If it needs more flavour let it simmer for a while longer. If you think it's right take off heat and wait for your pasta to be done. 

Take the skillet you cooked your tuna in and add the mushroom kind of sauce. Add your pasta (don't bother to drain it, just add it directly to the pan). Give it a good stir, make sure the entire pasta is covered with the kind of sauce we made. Add the tuna. Stir again. Taste. Season (if needed) and serve.

The entire process sounds a lot more complicated than it really is. But the results were 
amah-zing. I mean it was not the meatballs I had been crazily craving but it was a damn fine dinner :) 

(It sucks that I am starting this new blog with a terrible crappy picture. But I was really hungry and in no mood to look for my camara. And if I am being honest, the only reason why I actually took the picture was to show off my dinner to a friend).  







No comments:

Post a Comment